In this video, you will see the current DAV white belt program.
It is the first of a 5 video series.
– Whip strike drill
– Single sinawali with footwork* (straight steps)
– Double sinawali with footwork *
– Supported blocks
Modern single stick
– Techniques and combinations
– 12 attacks with the right and left hand
– Counterattacks: – strikes (1-4 strikes)
– punyo/butt strikes (1-4 punyo/butt strikes)
– 1st disarming series: attacks only right to right or left to left, with a stick. Attacks 1& 2 only
– Block as reaction: against continuous attack, including evasion by shifting weight to the back leg
– Modern 1-1: including evasion by shifting weight to the back leg
– Karanza free flow movement using Arnis footwork in multiple directions with:
– white belt techniques (N)
– twirling techniques (up and down)
– hand change
– Defensive techniques (with follow ups)
– Modern principle (right side against): – empty hand attacks
– stick attacks
– Focus mitt (level 1)
free movement, then 1 – 3 strike combinations in place (to positions 0 – 5 & combinations) as well as application of the modern principle against circular attacks
Application with common objects (transferability)
Defence with a ballpoint pen against strikes 1 & 2 with a stick and empty hand
– Quick release techniques: circular releases in opposite directions against grabbing:
– of the stick with follow-up techniques
– of the hand with follow-up techniques
3 principles of defence with a stick against an empty handed attacker
About the author:
Grandmaster Datu Dieter Knüttel
Dieter Knüttel, M.A. in sports science is Modern Arnis chief-instructor for der DAV of Germany and European Modern Arnis Representative (1996 -2001) of Professor Remy A. Presas.
He 1received the title of DATU and the rank of Lakan Anim, 6th Dan Modern Arnis from Professor Remy Presas in 1996, as 4th of 6 persons and the only person outside of the USA who has received this title.
After receivinhg his 7th, 8th and 9th Dan in the Philippines, on Septemer 24th 2016 it was publically announced in Dortmund, Germany, that he has awarded 10th Dan, Lakan Sampu by Grandmaster Roberto Presas, 10. Dan Modern Arnis.
Dieter Knuettel is involved with the Filipino Martial Arts since 1978 and he has been teaching FMA/Modern Arnis seminars since 1980 all over Europe, in Australia, in the USA, in Russia and even in the Philippines.
He is one of the most experienced Modern Arnis Masters worldwide.