In this video, you will see the current DAV Blue belt program.
It is the fourth of a 5 video series.
Here is the content:
– Sinawali with footwork * * (free, based 5th -3rd klase footwork)
– Combination of sinawalis with and without transition strikes
– Variations: – 3rd & 4th double stick series
– high-low variation (single and X sinawali = 16 strikes)
Modern single stick
Techniques and combinations
– Stick-locks: as defence to an attack
– Combinations: strike, punyo (butt), stab, abanico, disarms (5-7 counterattacks)
– 3rd disarming series – with a stick
– empty hands
– 4th disarming series – with a stick
– empty hands
Modern 1-1: – change distance to karanza with a strike and back
– disarming – counter-disarming (stick-empty hands)
Tapi-Tapi: – abanico from punyo (butt) feint attack (right and left)
– free hand technique: right backfist in corto
– a minimum of 4 stick-locks
– Defence: – stick against knife
– reactive knife program with finishing techniques (disarm, takedown)
Classical styles and techniques
– Palis Palis: – largo (force to force)
– corto (force to force; striking)
– corto (go with the force; transitioning into locks and takedowns)
– Abanico corto transitioning to locks and takedowns
– Double sticks: – 3rd series
– 4th series
– Classical 1-1: in medio/corto change the distance to karanza and back
– Karanza free flow movement using Arnis footwork in multiple directions including:
– stick techniques
– classical techniques (sword)
– empty hands
– Defence and follow ups
– Principle of the 4th double stick series against – stick attack
– empty hand attack
– 1st lockflow: with demonstration of each lock as defence against an attack
– Modern Drill: – with elbow techniques
– with quick release techniques
– Focus mitt, (level 4) : Free movement, free defence against punches (straight punch, hook, and combinations) followed by multiple strike/kick combinations
Application with common objects (transferability)
– Demonstrate techniques from this and previous rank levels using objects held in a two handed grip: (e.g.
bag/sports bag, briefcase, file folder, backpack etc.)
– Quick releases: – defence against a lapel grab and punch by the attacker
– defence against a headlock from the front and from the rear
– 2 diagonal stick attacks from above (solve using techniques from 5th-2nd klase)
– jab-cross (solve using techniques from 5th-2nd klase)
– self-defence in situations defined by the examiner
– chaos training
About the author:
Grandmaster Datu Dieter Knüttel
Dieter Knüttel, M.A. in sports science is Modern Arnis chief-instructor for der DAV of Germany and European Modern Arnis Representative (1996 -2001) of Professor Remy A. Presas.
He 1received the title of DATU and the rank of Lakan Anim, 6th Dan Modern Arnis from Professor Remy Presas in 1996, as 4th of 6 persons and the only person outside of the USA who has received this title.
After receivinhg his 7th, 8th and 9th Dan in the Philippines, on Septemer 24th 2016 it was publically announced in Dortmund, Germany, that he has awarded 10th Dan, Lakan Sampu by Grandmaster Roberto Presas, 10. Dan Modern Arnis.
Dieter Knuettel is involved with the Filipino Martial Arts since 1978 and he has been teaching FMA/Modern Arnis seminars since 1980 all over Europe, in Australia, in the USA, in Russia and even in the Philippines.
He is one of the most experienced Modern Arnis Masters worldwide.
There are no reviews yet.